How to remove gel polish and acrylic nails at home
Whether you want a new set of gel or acrylic nails, or simply want to remove your false nails, here is a step-by-step cheap and easy removal guide on how to remove false nails from your natural nail bed without damaging your nail!STEP 1:
- Wash hands and buff the nail surface (this removes excess oil from the nail)
- if you have long acrylics on, it is highly recommended to clip and shorten your nails before beginning
- product link: https://universalnailsupplies.com/products/nail-buffers-180-240-grit-9-5-cm-set-of-11
- Soak a cotton in 100% acetone and wrap cotton on top of your nails with aluminum foil FOR 30 MINUTES!
- product link: https://universalnailsupplies.com/products/cnd-shellac-cool-blue-waterless-hand-cleanser
- Remove the foil and scrape off the product from the nail with a cuticle remover
- product link: https://universalnailsupplies.com/products/born-pretty-cuticle-pusher-41424-3
- Repeat step 2 for a shorter amount of time (10-15 more minutes) if any product is still left on the nail
- File and buff the nail until excess product is completely off the nail. Be sure to not file too much, as your natural nail may get thinned out and can cause damage.